Data protection declaration
- We process personal data (i.e. data that allows us to directly or indirectly identify natural persons) that we collect independently or receive from you or from third parties in the context of the mandate given to us. The Law firm. Francesco Ceruti is responsible for the processing of personal data in accordance with this declaration.
- Some personal data is provided to us by you or by third parties involved during telephone or e-mail contacts with which you request our services. This may be the name, contact details or information about the role the person involved plays within the company or organization for which you (or the respective contact person) works, or on whose behalf we are contacted . During the execution of the mandate, we also process personal data that we collect from corresponding with customers or third parties (in particular counterparties, authorities, courts, their respective employees or other contact persons). This may include names, contact details, dates of birth, information on employment relationships, income, family situation or health status. Additionally, we collect certain personal data ourselves from public records or websites.
- Our processing of the types of personal data described is primarily aimed at providing, documenting and invoicing our legal services.
- In addition, we process the contact data of the customer, his collaborators or other persons for marketing purposes (using any means of communication such as email, social media, post or telephone), in order to provide information on publications, events, new services or products that may be of interest to them.
- To achieve these objectives, it may be necessary to transmit personal data to the following categories of recipients: external service providers, clients, counterparties and their legal representatives, business partners with whom we may need to coordinate legal services, as well as the authorities and the courts.
- We process personal data relating to our sphere of responsibility [in Switzerland and the EU/EEA]. We may also transmit this data to recipients (in particular customers, counterparties or authorities) who also process personal data in other countries, even if the latter do not guarantee a level of protection comparable to Swiss law. In the latter case, we will only do so on the basis of consent or standard contractual clauses. The same applies if the transmission is indispensable for the performance of a contract or for the assertion of legal claims].
- We keep personal data for the time necessary to carry out the mandate, but in any case during the retention or reporting period required by law, or as long as there is an overriding public or private interest. We take appropriate and proportionate measures to protect personal data against loss, unauthorized modification or unlawful access by third parties. If you provide us with personal data via third parties (for example, your employees or other contact persons), it is your responsibility to inform them comprehensively about the data processing carried out by our law firm and other legal or external service providers (for example, in a data protection declaration for its employees).
- We draw your attention to the fact that we use external IT service providers or cloud service providers to execute the mandate. In these cases, we use certain IT services or means of communication that may pose data security risks (for example, email and video conferencing). If you would like us to take special security measures, please let us know.
- The above-mentioned objectives are based on a legitimate interest in the processing of personal data. Some processing is also necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations towards you. The same applies to legal obligations to which we are subject, for example the obligation to retain documents.
- The persons involved have in particular the right to obtain information on the personal data recorded about them, to know their purpose, to rectify them, to delete them, to limit their processing, to oppose their processing and to contact an supervisory authorities. The same persons also have a right to data transmission or portability. Please note, however, that these rights are subject to conditions and exceptions. To the extent permitted or required by law, some requests may be denied. Therefore, we may or may need to retain personal data or continue to process them in another way for legal reasons, despite a request for deletion or restriction of data processing.
- This declaration does not require the formal consent of the customer, his collaborators or other contact persons. This declaration constitutes only information on the nature, scope and purpose of the data processed by the law firm. Francesco Ceruti. The law firm. Francesco Ceruti reserves the right to unilaterally modify the content of this declaration at any time and without notice. We therefore recommend that you regularly consult the data protection declaration of the law firm. Francesco Ceruti, available on our website.
- If you, your employees or other contact persons have any questions or would like to assert your data protection rights or those of the persons concerned, you can contact us at